Saturday, May 19, 2018

What I Miss

Jessica D.

More than anything, I miss the calm and safety within Slovenia. Although I spent Friday relaxing, Saturday has been chaotic and stressful. Catching up on work and assignments, unpacking and washing clothes, sending in (more) job applications, responding to emails, and graduation have kept me constantly going throughout the day and I miss the calm of Slovenia. I am also beginning to miss the wonderful people we met there. Everyone was so incredibly friendly in Ljubljana...meanwhile many of the people I've encountered since returning have been crabby or complaining. Finally, I miss the ability to wander around the city and explore. I've lived in my area for most of my life, so it is far less beautiful and far less intriguing. I'd love to be able to walk to the City Center for some ice cream or climb up to Ljubljana Castle to just enjoy the gorgeous scenery.

Oh, and I really miss being able to type on my laptop without my cat sitting half on my lap and half on the keyboard while nipping at my hands.


No comments:

Post a Comment