Monday, May 21, 2018

What I Learned in Slovenia

Jessica D.

I loved our learning experiences in Slovenia, particularly the learning focused on the topic of education. I enjoyed visiting the three education centers including Livada Primary and Vodmat Kindergarten. I learned that education in Slovenia is very highly valued and high-quality. From a very young age, children are encouraged to take part in advanced learning opportunities that promote higher-order thinking. Activities are often based on the project-learning concept and build gradually on knowledge which pertain to the likes and interests of the children in the center. I also learned that education in Slovenia is inclusive and focused on benefiting the needs of the whole child. This system is based on the Swedish system, which has worked wonderfully for many years.


No comments:

Post a Comment