Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Presentations

~Caitlin~

This was the last day at the University and it was such a bittersweet day. I got to present my topic presentation on school security and violence in U.S schools. Whereas, I also got to hear some interesting presentations given by the students in the faculty of psychology and educational sciences. Some topics I heard were: early learning development, impact on poverty, counseling, and feminism. All presenters did a really good job. The presentations were very informative that sparked a lot of great group discussions.

Furthermore, I was super surprised that a lot of people from the University were so intrigued by my presentation. A lot of them laughed when I asked if they have any security like metal detectors in schools. It just goes to show that Ljubljana is very safe and Slovenia as a whole is much much MUCH safer than the states. It's unfortunate that we had so many shootings in our nation, but it happened and as a country we have to come together to find that necessary solution(s) to help prevent them in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment