Monday, May 14, 2018

Center Janeza Levca - First Site

The first site of the day was a visit to Center Janeza Levca, a special education center in Ljubljana. I enjoyed touring and visiting this site the most because I would like to work with children who have special needs. The Center provides a great education to children with special needs, especially those with intellectual disabilities. I was amazed by the students who were preparing their own lunch using sharp tools while still paying attention to detail. I especially enjoyed visiting a classroom of younger children because many of them spoke English very well which is not common among children with special needs, from what I was told. One of the students was celebrating his birthday and I loved that one of the traditions is for everyone to tell the birthday boy or girl a wish for them or message. The teacher also told me many of the materials used are Montessori materials. This was overall a great experience.

Thanks for reading!
Jess White








No comments:

Post a Comment