Monday, May 21, 2018

Something I learned from Europe

Something that I learned and haven't really talked about much was my time spent in Croatia. Although, it was only one day that I spent there it was still so much fun and so information with such rich history. One of my highlights in Croatia was not only being on the coast of  Pula, but also visiting the Pula Arena. What I found to be so interesting was that this amphitheatre is the only one that remains a Roman amphitheatre that has all its original constructions. It withholds its four towers. Additionally, it also is one of the six largest surviving roman arenas throughout the entire world. It also is really interesting to see that it is considered to be one of the best preserved monuments throughout all of Croatia. (Turner, 1996).





Reference:

Turner, J., Grove Dictionary of ArtOxford University Press, USA. New Ed edition, January 2, 1996

No comments:

Post a Comment