Tuesday, May 15, 2018

Invisible Ljubljana Tour

Hope

Today, we also went on an Invisible Tour of Ljubljana. This tour walked us through homelessness in the city, and our guide was a woman who went through homelessness. It was very interesting to hear about the different places from our guide's perspective as someone who has been through it. I really did not realize how many homeless people there were in the city. Walking around, we saw only a couple, but our guides said there is around 3,000 people who are homeless in the city alone. I was surprised by this number. I also did not even notice where most of the shelters were located, though I have walked past them multiple times since our first day here.  There are not enough shelters around the city for the people who may need them. There are more places for free food, clothing, showers, and washing machines; than there are for people to sleep. This tour was very interesting and I am glad we got to go and experience it, and I would definitely recommend it to others visiting the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment