Sunday, May 20, 2018

New Knowledge

Hope

I learned so much from our trip to Slovenia. Most of the things I learned were through the site visits. One thing in particular was about the Vodmat Kindergarten center. Other than how the whole education system differs from ours; the Kindergarten center we visited was based all based on learning through art. I thought this was an amazing and creative approach. We heard about how one of the recent years was based on photography, and how the students spent time understanding everything from how a camera works to how to take pictures of different scenes/emotions. They also got to display the children's final photography project in a section of a museum - which I thought would be so cool for the student's to see what they can accomplish through art.  We also learned about and got to see different activities involved at their center in action, such as drawing, painting, story time, and roller skating. This center showed me a lot, and gave me ideas for activities to bring back home to try to incorporate into my own work in my future daycare center. Incorporating art is so important since it allows self-expression in many forms and can teach children self-worth and independence.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment